Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Vogue 1224





I've been inspired to make some clothes for my daughter.  She's easy to fit and looks good in everything....that makes it fun. 

I chose this Vogue pattern after one of my students made it for herself.  It turned out really cute and was very easy for my beginning/intermediate student.  It's a great easy project.  Here's the pattern review from PatternReview.com:

Pattern Description: 

Dolman sleeve misses pullover dress with elastic neckline and waist.


Pattern Sizing:


Pattern sizing is 8-24. I made a 12.


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?


Yes.


Were the instructions easy to follow?


Yes. This is a great beginning sewing pattern.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?


This was a very easy dress to make with an easy fit.


Fabric Used:


Rayon/Lycra knit from Joann.


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:


I lengthened it (it's very short....so check the length) and omitted the drawstring.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?


Yes. My daughter loves this dress. Now I want to make one for myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment